Are there any famous scientists, philosophers, celebrities, or business people who believe in God or actually follow religion seriously? Or are all Christians just un-educated hillbillies? Are theists ignorant? Do intelligent people believe in God?
This is a great question because many people have the misconception that “intelligent” people actually believe that God is imaginary, and the Bible is just made up non-sense. They think religion is all silly, and there is no such thing as a God.
However, this belief simply isn’t true. One thing you will quickly find is that there are TONS of people that have some sort of a serious and devout belief in God. They may be Christians, Jews, etc. They may be famous celebrities, brilliant scientists, and much more. The list would be too large to list every single person in the history of the world, but here are just a few examples below:
Famous Scientists Who Believed in God:
- Francis Collins (A more recent scientist who helped crack the human genome (genetics/DNA)).
- Sir Isaac Newton- He believed very strongly in God, and loved viewing science as God’s creation. He remains one of the most prolific scientists remembered in history. He actually wrote and studied the Bible as much as he experimented, and believed the universe was designed by God.
- Louis Pasteur- Another famous scientist who also believed in God.
- Robert Boyle- Known for his contributions in chemistry, philosophy, and more, he believed in God
- Gregor Mendel-Known for his contributions in genetics and inheritance studies.
- Albert Einstein- Albert Einstein didn’t believe (according to most accounts) in the tradition Judeo-Christian God of the Bible. However, he did believe in a God that could have started the universe.
- and many more
Other Famous People Who Believe in God:
- John D. Rockefeller- A business genius and the world’s first “billionaire” was a devout Christian who believed strongly in God and attended church regularly and tithed 10% of his income.
- Famous Rapper “Mase” – Had a vision of leading people to hell, so he gave up his rapidly growing hip-hop career and became a minister.
- Chuck Norris- The guy who no one wants to fight- is also known for his faith in God.
- George Foreman- Former boxing heavyweight and the guy sold the cool grill on TV, is also a devout Christian.
- Zig Ziglar- Motivational speaking guru that became a born-again Christian and has a strong faith in God.
- Johnny Cash- This country legend was also known for his belief in God. He recorded several gospel songs over his career, and turned to God for strength during his struggles.
- Abraham Lincoln- Always at the top of the list for the world’s greatest presidents of all time, had a strong faith in God. He often made references to God during his speeches, and lived a very moral life by standing up against the cruel practice of slavery.
- Mel Gibson- Legendary actor who made the hit movie: Passion of the Christ, is also a devout catholic and has a strong faith in God.
- and the list goes on and on and on.
The truth of the matter is this: Some of the greatest, most powerful, most intelligent, most wealthy, most prominent and gifted people in history had a strong faith in God. It is not “foolish” to believe in God. There is ample scientific, archeological, and other evidence that suggests the Bible is extremely trustworth. There is ample scientific evidence that God exists. Some of our most brilliant scientists and thinkers realized that God exists.