Have you ever heard that little song, “Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you. No you can’t, yes I can. No you can’t, yes I can.” I used to hear that jingle all the time in movies, commercials, and so forth. It’s catchy.
Recently, I was pondering all that man can do. Technology and knowledge for mankind has literally exploded these past few decades. We now can do incredible things, and will be even more mind boggling in the future. In fact, we can do such incredible things, that it almost sounds more ludicrous what we know to be true today, than what the Bible talks about in terms of miracles in the past.
Really think about that for a second: What if 200 years ago you told someone that you can sit in your living room and see China, or talk to someone in Australia. They would have thought you were delusional. Yet we do it daily today. We see any place in the world on the web or on TV. We chat with anyone via email, instant chat, or cell phones. We live in an age of miracles, and most of us don’t even know it.
As I pondered this little fact, I began to wonder why people today are struggling with faith in God. In my view, science and technology have done nothing more than create an incredible case to prove the existence of God, and add more credibility to the Bible miracles. And it even shows us that man can do most of what the Bible says in terms of miracles. It also has given us insight into how these “miracles” may have worked.
So stop and think about this simple fact: If man can do something, is it really that far-fetched that an Almighty God could do it? I mean, would you really suggest that man can do something, but God couldn’t? Whether God did it Himself or through Prophets, God can do all things. After all, “Anything man can do God can do better, God can do anything better than man. Yes He can, Yes He can.”
Anything Man Can Do—-God Can Do Better!
- Man can walk on the surface of the moon, but people doubt that Jesus Christ walked on water. Can you imagine what someone 200 years ago would have thought if you said a man would walk on that huge thing in the night sky? It would have sounded ridiculous. Yet it has been done and people still doubt that Jesus walked on mere water! As if God has less power than man to have allowed Jesus to do that.
- Man can turn oil into gas, silicone, plastic, & metal into computers, and transfer the motion of water into electricity for your house. But they doubt that Jesus Christ turned water into wine.
- Man can ascend to the heavens in a space craft, fly across the sky in an airplane, or whiz around in a jet-pack, but they doubt that Jesus ascended to heaven to sit at God’s right hand.
- Man can nearly create a mini universe in a science lab with the Hadron Particle Collider. Man literally sits back and says, “let there be a universe, and it happens.” But people doubt that God Almighty can create a universe at all.
- Man can bring people back to life from the brink of death in a hospital every day. Every single day, a heart stops, or a person passes out, or loses blood, or some other medical catastrophe, and yet doctors bring them back to life. But people don’t believe Jesus & Elijah raised someone from the dead.
- Man can heal diseases of many kinds every single day by simply giving a pill, or by zapping cancer with radiation, but people doubt that God can heal someone with his power and wisdom.
- Man can grow a tiny heart in a lab from stem cells, and will soon be able to grown new limbs for amputees, new organs, and more. Yet people scoff at the Biblical accounts of Jesus healing a withered hand.
- Every day, doctors re-attach limbs, fingers, body parts that were severed, and even do face transplants. But they doubt that Jesus re-attached a soldier’s severed ear.
- Some people have themselves cryogenically frozen after death in hopes that in the future science will thaw them out & bring them back to life. Yet, people doubt God can bring us back to life in the resurrection for judgment.
- People doubt that an Almighty God can watch us all, and constantly know our whereabouts & thoughts and maintain all of this information. Yet the government can track your any movement via GPS, bug your house & know all of your communications, run DNA sequencing to know your genetic makeup, and much more with ease, and they do this daily.
- Man can create a totally new species or animal by genetically engineering/designing it in a lab, and it did NOT have to evolve slowly over millions of years from a lower form of life. It was just designed in its final form by an intelligent designer. Yet, people doubt that God can create man in the final form on Earth by genetic engineering & design without having man evolve slowly over millions of years. So man can design a totally new species without the use of evolution & natural selection, but God can’t? Interesting…
- Many scoff at the Bible saying it was only written by a bunch of men (and women), yet hold fast to their science books and philosophy books, which just so happen to also be written by men (and women), which often have to be revised yearly to accommodate outdated/dis-proven theories, correct errors, & document new discoveries.
- Many will say they don’t believe in God because they cannot see him, or touch him, or hear him, or taste him. Yet, in the same day, they will say they believe in quasars, or electrons, or dark matter. Granted, I can guarantee they have never seen an actual quasar, as it would be impossible. They only believe it because a “man wrote it” in a “book.” They immediately accept these kinds of things as fact in a classroom without question, yet remain exceptionally critical of God. Interesting how that works isn’t it?
- Many will say that they don’t believe in God, nor have faith in God, because of lack of evidence. Yet in the same day, they will admit to believing in life on other planets, granted, with no evidence at all that has ever been discovered which shows life exists on other planets. Interesting how this “belief without evidence” thing works isn’t it? Seems like they do indeed believe in a lot of things “without evidence,” yet remain extraordinarily critical of God.
- Man has parted water by creating large dams, created islands in the middle of the ocean by stockpiling sand, moved mountains to create new roads & buildings, and other marvelous works. Yet they doubt that God almighty can part the Red Sea, caused the walls of Jericho to fall, and more.
- Man can cause any woman to become pregnant via artificial insemination, or in vitro fertilization. They can even choose the sex of the baby, and know it’s genetic makeup before it is born. Yet, many scoff at the biblical accounts of God closing or opening a woman’s womb, or foretelling of the characteristics of the child.
- Man can modify or direct the weather by cloud seeding, which can cause floods or rains. But they doubt that God can control the weather and cause floods, rains, or storms.
- People are often critical of God saying that he allows innocent people to suffer & does nothing about it. Yet there will be many people suffering today (even as I write this article), and that same person who criticizes God will do nothing themselves to help another suffering person, even though the have the ability to do so. Yet God, who promises to resurrect us all & judge the wicked & give us everlasting life & no more suffering, is the evil one (yeah right).
- People scoff at the idea of miracles, but I tell you the truth, miracles happen every single day in a hospital, or lab, or in the universe. Miracles are not an unnatural or infrequent occurrence today. They still happen. Only now, we understand how God did them, and continue to learn more each day.
I tell you the truth, anything man can do, God can do better! Put your faith in God!
Conclusion: Have More Faith in God Than Man
I tell you the truth, people today (even Christians) have little faith in God and the Bible. They scoff at stories of miracles as if they are non-sense. Yes science and technology have allowed man to do incredible things, and even more are coming in the future.
If man can do these great works, how much more can the creator of the universe do? If man can do anything at all, God can do it a million times better. Do you think the Bible stories are made up? Do you think they are non-sense stories? Open your eyes & look around you. Man is doing even more incredible things even today. I tell you the truth, trust in the word of God. If the Bible is made up, and the stories of miracles are non-sense, then reality itself is non-sense.
It is time to stop doubting God. Put on the armor of God, and have faith. Where is your faith America? Where is your faith Earth? You have slipped away from God, and doubted His Holy Word. Anything man can do, God can do better! God can do anything better than man. Yes he can. Yes he can!
It is time to have faith in God like never before. Without faith, it is impossible to live. For every day faith is required in all things we do. We have faith someone didn’t poison our breakfast. We have faith our cars will start when we get in them. We have faith there will be another tomorrow. We have faith in all sorts of things. But why not God? I tell you the truth, place your faith in God, and hold on to that faith until death!