Revelation 8, the 8th chapter in the last book of the Bible, focuses on the 7th seal. In this chapter, we see that there is a silence when the 7th seal is opened. We see that God pours out the smoke of the incense of the saints onto the Earth, resulting in thunder, lightning, and earthquakes. The seven angels with seven trumpets also begin sounding them, one at a time. Each time a trumpet sounds, we see that a major event happens.
Revelation 8: Revelation Chapter 8 (King James Version)
[Revelation 8:1] And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. [Revelation 8:2] And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
[Revelation 8:3] And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. [Revelation 8:4] And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand. [Revelation 8:5] And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
[Revelation 8:6] And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
[Revelation 8:7] The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
[Revelation 8:8] And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; [Revelation 8:9] And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
[Revelation 8:10] And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; [Revelation 8:11] And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
[Revelation 8:12] And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
[Revelation 8:13] And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
Chapters of Revelation
- Book of Revelation: Brief Introduction
- Revelation 1: Revelation Chapter 1 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 2: Revelation Chapter 2 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 3: Revelation Chapter 3 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 4: Revelation Chapter 4 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 5: Revelation Chapter 5 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 6: Revelation Chapter 6 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 7: Revelation Chapter 7 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 8: Revelation Chapter 8 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 9: Revelation Chapter 9 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 10: Revelation Chapter 10 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 11: Revelation Chapter 11 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 12: Revelation Chapter 12 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 13: Revelation Chapter 13 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 14: Revelation Chapter 14 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 15: Revelation Chapter 15 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 16: Revelation Chapter 16 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 17: Revelation Chapter 17 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 18: Revelation Chapter 18 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 19: Revelation Chapter 19 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 20: Revelation Chapter 20 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 21: Revelation Chapter 21 | Bible KJV
- Revelation 22: Revelation Chapter 22 | Bible KJV