Although the idea of one type of animal coming from another type has its first roots in the pre-Socratic Greek philosophers, such as Anaximander and Empedocles, Charles Darwin was the man who greatly popularized the theory of evolution with his
lie book On the Origin of Species. Since the theory of evolution is a modern theory, it is not mentioned in the Bible. In fact, the Bible rarely goes into detail with regards to the doctrines of false gods or false religions. Genesis, the first book in the Bible, doesn’t seek to explain how God is, or why God is–it just informs us that God is, and that He created everything in six literal days, and rested on the seventh.
Creation According to the Bible
The Bible lays out creation very specifically, and evolution is not a part of the creation event. In Genesis, “day” is clearly defined in the context as a 24-hour day–not millions of years as some theistic evolutionary proponents like to suggest. Here is the order of creation according to the Bible:
- Introduction: Earth was void and without form; Spirit of God hovering over face of waters.
- Day 1: God created and separated light (day) and darkness (night).
- Day 2: God creates an expanse in the midst of waters, separating waters (above and below). Expanse called “heavens.”
- Day 3: Waters gathered together (called seas); dry land (called Earth) appears. God creates vegetation, plants/fruit yielding seeds.
- Day 4: Lights in heaven created to separate day/night, for signs and seasons, days and years, and to give light on Earth. Great light and lesser light created.
- Day 5: God creates sea creatures (all swarming in oceans), and every winged bird.
- Day 6: God creates beasts/cattle, creeping things, and Man (in God’s image). God gives man dominion. Commanded to be fruitful/multiply, gives them plants/fruit for food. Creation was good.
In addition, Jesus affirmed that God created male and female in the beginning, and He did not do it over gazillions of years:
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
As you can see, there is no room in the Bible for a story of millions and millions of years, with minor changes, until soup turns to man. The Bible boldly proclaims God’s creative power. As a side note, this shouldn’t be a difficult concept for atheists or theistic evolutionists to grasp. After all, man can now genetically engineer new species or new features within a species, without having it evolve over millions of years. If man can create new species without evolution, couldn’t God?
Evolution is the Creation Story for Atheists/Secularists
So what is the theory of evolution, really? In truth, the theory of evolution is nothing more than yet another religious creation story. If you’ve ever studied world religions, one thing you’d immediately find out is that most all religions have one thing in common: A creation story. No matter what your religious affiliation is, all humans seem to have a deep desire to understand where we came from, and why we are here.
Some religions teach that the world was created by other created objects, such as a snake. For others, a god or gods created the world. Some religions, such as Buddhism, try to skip the question all-together and focus on the here and now. But either way, nearly every religion will have a story to tell of how we got here. Some are rather amusing too!
It took many years for me to realize that the story I’d learned in school was not really so much science as it was man’s own twisting of science to create a comfortable creation story for the atheistic/secularist religion. Atheism, like most religions, yearns to answer the “how we got here” question. Rather than believing in a god, however, they seek to use bad science as an explanation of how humans came to be.
What makes the theory of evolution so dangerous though, is this: It mixes a tremendous amount of truth in with very subtle lies. I don’t ever want you to forget the thing I’m about to say: The very best lie is always the one closest to the truth. Don’t ever forget that! Good liars know to mix a lot of truth in their statements, because it makes the lie believable. In fact, did you know that even rat poison isn’t all poison? It’s usually 99% good food, mixed with only 1% poison.
What frustrates me more than any other thing about the theory of evolution is this: It has so much truth, that it tricks people into believing the very small and subtle lies and conclusions.
The Dangers of the Theory of Evolution
The theory of evolution is a particularly dangerous theory for a few reasons:
- Evolution is taught to children around the world in secular school as a scientific fact, and not as a religious idea (as it should be). They are not taught that there is a God, but rather, that life started without divine intervention. God is banished from the textbooks, and the secularists get to have a monopoly on their religious creation story in the classroom.
- If you truly believe in the theory of evolution, then it will be difficult to escape the conclusion that you and I don’t really matter. We are little more than specs of matter that happened by chance. We will all someday die, and our lives, in the grand scheme of things, will have been utterly meaningless. The implications of this theory is that our deaths are no more significant than an ant you may have stepped on while walking this morning. When people really realize that, who knows where they will stop? What makes this fact come to life is the fact that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the Columbine High shooters, reportedly admired the theory of evolution. They were reported to have said many remarks reflecting their belief in evolution, and Harris even reportedly wore a white T-shirt with the words “NATURAL SELECTION” printed in black bold letters during the massacre.
- Evolution’s main purpose is to try to have a creation story without a creator. In other words, it tries to rob God of His creative power, and it replaces Him with a godless theory of creation. Proponents of evolution will frequently say, “Evolution has no purpose.” They believe it is nothing more than chemical reactions and natural selection, along with chance and time. Thus, they generally believe no God exists, as no God is necessary with their theory.
Conclusion: The Theory of Evolution is a Creation Story for Atheists/Secularists
The theory of evolution is not a scientific theory so much as it is a religious creation story muddled with science. Of course, atheists or secular scientists would never admit this because Satan has cleverly positioned this theory to be taught as fact in the classroom, ensuring that the up-and-coming generations will be so inundated with it that they’ll have little choice but to accept it and its implications. That’s what scares me most. Not that millions of children will be taught this theory, but that some may actually think through the full implications of a godless existence.
What’s worse is that Satan has managed to blind some well-meaning Christians into blending two opposing creation stories into one faith (Christianity). Sadly, some even put more emphasis on winning souls to evolution than they do to winning souls to Jesus. But believing in evolution and Christianity simultaneously is like believing in reincarnation and Christianity. You just simply cannot blend two opposing religious ideas into one religion. It doesn’t work well.
But we should accept evolution for what it is, and from where it came. It came from the mind of godless men who wanted an understanding of how mankind could exist in the absence of god they had already rejected. So like all false religions, evolution became the atheist’s or secular scientists’ “scientific sounding” explanation of how we got here.