About Me & This Website
My name is Ben and I’m the author/editor of this website. On this page, you’ll find an overview of my Statement of Faith.
My Statement of Faith
- I believe that only 1 Almighty God exists who created all things in Heaven and Earth, eternally and simultaneously existing in 3 persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (also called the Trinity).
- I believe that a person is saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and not by works (lest any man should boast).
- I believe that all are sinners and have fallen short of the Glory of God. We all need Christ’s atoning work at the cross in order to be saved, so that God counts us as righteous in His sight, which is based on His grace and mercy when we place our faith and trust in His son. We cannot earn salvation by good deeds or good works, although being filled with the Holy Spirit, we will do those too.
- I believe that the Bible is the literal word of God, divinely inspired and 100% inerrant as originally written. I believe it from cover to cover in a literal sense (except of course parables or obvious non-literal teachings). I believe in a literal flood of Noah, literal parting of the sea, etc.
- I believe that Jesus was the Son of God, Messiah, and Christ who died & was resurrected to sit at God’s right hand. He died on the cross, was buried in a tomb, and resurrected by the power of God, to sit at the right hand of the Father until his enemies are under His feet for eternity. I believe Christ will rapture the church, establish His millennial kingdom, and rule for eternity in a new heaven and a new Earth.
- I believe Christians should fellowship regularly in some way, and should seek a local church membership (assuming it is a Bible-believing church). Christians also have a duty to love one another, share the gospel, and to be obedient to Christ in all things.
- I believe that while Christians will always sin from time to time (we are still bound by the flesh and fall down), that we should all make ourselves slaves to Christ, and put off any habitual sins and instead live a Holy and clean life, guided by the spirit in us. We should confess our sins to God and repent of any sins and instead turn to Christ and His saving blood.
- I believe in a literal 7 day creation, and strongly oppose the concept of “macro” or “large scale” evolution, while fully accepting “micro” evolution (meaning, I believe in variation/adaptation within a kind). Macro evolution is nothing other than a creation story for Godless people, as it originated from a Godless man (Darwin), and is spread by mostly Godless men.
- I believe in a literal resurrection, literal heaven/new earth, and a literal hell and lake of fire in which the lost will burn eternally in conscious torment and separation for God.
- I believe Christians should be in the world, but not “of” the world. I believe Christians should avoid all recreational drugs and alcohol (especially when the goal is intoxication). should avoid movies, music, television that promotes a sinful lifestyle (drugs, sex, etc).
- I believe in immersion baptisms, and that while they don’t provide salvation, they are an act of obedience and all Christians should be baptized by immersion if possible.